The Velvet Underground
4,945 Shouts - 43,313,836 Scrobbles
The Velvet Underground was a pioneering experimental rock band from New York City first active from 1965 to 1973. Its best-known lineup consisted of vocalist/guitarist Lou Reed, bassist/violist John Cale, guitarist Sterling Morrison and drummer Maureen Tucker. The band also collaborated with Nico for their debut album in 1967, under the supervision of producer and pop artist Andy Warhol. Some see The Velvet Underground as being a bridge between the pacifist themes of the late 60s and the sheer chaos and indifference of the mid-70s punk movement.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsSunday mornin', praise the dawnin'
It's just a restless feelin', by my side
Early dawnin', Sunday mornin'
It's just the wasted years so close behind
Watch out, the world's behind you
- LyricsShiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather
Whiplash girl child in the dark
Comes and goes, your servant, don't forsake him
Strike, dear mistress, and cure his heart
Downy sins of streetlight fancies
- LyricsSometimes I feel so happy
Sometimes I feel so sad
Sometimes I feel so happy
But mostly you just make me mad
Baby, you just make me mad
- Heroin - (7:08) - 101,926 plays
- LyricsI'm waiting for my man
Got twenty-six dollars in my hand
Up to Lexington, 125
Feel sick and dirty, more dead than alive
I'm waiting for my man
- Femme Fatale - (2:38) - 93,204 plays
- Run Run Run - (4:21) - 61,789 plays
- I'll Be Your Mirror - (2:11) - 67,869 plays
- All Tomorrow's Parties - (5:57) - 58,977 plays
- Sweet Jane - (4:06) - 61,393 plays