The Velvet Underground
5,295 Shouts - 49,392,184 Scrobbles
The Velvet Underground was a pioneering experimental rock band from New York City first active from 1965 to 1973. Its best-known lineup consisted of vocalist/guitarist Lou Reed, bassist/violist John Cale, guitarist Sterling Morrison and drummer Maureen Tucker. The band also collaborated with Nico for their debut album in 1967, under the supervision of producer and pop artist Andy Warhol. Some see The Velvet Underground as being a bridge between the pacifist themes of the late 60s and the sheer chaos and indifference of the mid-70s punk movement.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sunday Morning - (2:55) - 147,377 plays
- Venus in Furs - (5:12) - 104,629 plays
- Heroin - (7:14) - 101,626 plays
- Pale Blue Eyes - (5:39) - 97,734 plays
- Femme Fatale - (2:39) - 92,234 plays
- I'm Waiting for the Man - (4:45) - 81,334 plays
- I'll Be Your Mirror - (2:14) - 63,568 plays
- Run Run Run - (4:23) - 56,017 plays
- All Tomorrow's Parties - (6:00) - 54,508 plays
- There She Goes Again - (2:41) - 50,986 plays