The Velvet Underground
5,414 Shouts - 46,369,258 Scrobbles
The Velvet Underground was a pioneering experimental rock band from New York City first active from 1965 to 1973. Its best-known lineup consisted of vocalist/guitarist Lou Reed, bassist/violist John Cale, guitarist Sterling Morrison and drummer Maureen Tucker. The band also collaborated with Nico for their debut album in 1967, under the supervision of producer and pop artist Andy Warhol. Some see The Velvet Underground as being a bridge between the pacifist themes of the late 60s and the sheer chaos and indifference of the mid-70s punk movement.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsSunday mornin', praise the dawnin'
It's just a restless feelin', by my side
Early dawnin', Sunday mornin'
It's just the wasted years so close behind
Watch out, the world's behind you
- Venus in Furs - (5:10) - 124,790 plays
- LyricsI don't know just where I'm going
But I'm gonna try for the kingdom, if I can
'Cause it makes me feel like I'm a man
When I put a spike into my vein
And I'll tell ya, things aren't quite the same
- LyricsI'm waiting for my man
Got twenty-six dollars in my hand
Up to Lexington, 125
Feel sick and dirty, more dead than alive
I'm waiting for my man
- LyricsHere she comes
You better watch your step
She's going to break your heart in two
It's not hard to realize
- Pale Blue Eyes - (5:39) - 120,481 plays
- Run Run Run - (4:19) - 76,997 plays
- All Tomorrow's Parties - (5:57) - 73,645 plays
- I'll Be Your Mirror - (2:08) - 80,843 plays
- There She Goes Again - (2:40) - 67,344 plays