74 Shouts - 815,185 Scrobbles
Judging by the boldness of their choices, you’d never guess the Trews are 10 years, five studio albums and thousands of gigs into their highly celebrated career. Clearly, someone forgot to tell them that bands are supposed to become more predictable as the years go by, not less so.
And yet, evidence of a stubborn refusal to play it safe abounds, most notably in the East Coast-bred, Toronto-based rock squad’s eponymous, electrifying new disc, The Trews.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsIt's never ending as far as I know
But there's a doubt you feel between us both
You're grounded daily, I'm on a cloud
I float up every night as you come down
I'm not ready to go
- LyricsHey sing a bad song
Get it stuck in your head
I'm singing along
I cant help it
Kids starting to whine
- LyricsThe day I shipped out,
They numbered a dozen.
Upon my return,
Were a hundred or so.
From the coast and from the prairies,
- LyricsWake up to the sounds of the century
They got a long way to go to gain on me
Its all right
The years are coming down like the dirty leaves
Im gonna plant my seed in history
- Lyricsthere's a fire in my heart
that's been burning from the start
but you shake my faith and break the trust
pull the rug out from under us
OK alright, you're going there
- Rise in the Wake - (4:00) - 869 plays
- Tired Of Waiting - (4:25) - 761 plays
- So She's Leaving - (3:31) - 542 plays
- Hope & Ruin - (3:59) - 354 plays
- Poor Ol' Broken Hearted Me - (4:17) - 466 plays