The Tragically Hip
337 Shouts - 5,477,814 Scrobbles
Kingston, Ontario, Canada (1983 - Present) The Tragically Hip's infectious songs, catchy melodies, inspired lyrics, and solid musicianship have secured their place as the kings of rock in Canada. Formed in the early '80s in Kingston, Ontario, they are: Gordon Downie (vocals), Paul Langlois and Rob Baker (guitars), Gord Sinclair (bass) and Johnny Fay (drums). The group met while at Kingston Collegiate Vocational Institute (KCVI) and all attended Queen's University in Kingston.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsBourbon blues on the street, loose and complete
Under skies all smoky blue-green
I can't forsake a Dixie dead-shake
So we danced the sidewalk clean
My memory is muddy, what's this river that I'm in?
- LyricsFirst thing we'd climb a tree
And maybe then we'd talk
Or sit silently
And listen to our thoughts
With illusions of someday
- LyricsI left your house this morning,
'Bout a quarter after nine.
Coulda been the Willie Nelson,
Coulda been the wine
When I left your house this morning,
- LyricsSundown in the Paris of the prairies wheat kings have all their treasures buried
And all you hear are the rusty breezes pushing
Around the weather vane Jesus
In his Zippo lighter, he sees the killer's face maybe
It's someone standing in a killer's place twenty years for nothing, well that's
- LyricsThey shot a movie once in my hometown
Everybody was in it from miles around
Out at the speedway, some kinda Elvis thing
Well I ain't no movie star but I can get behind anything
Yea, I can get behind anything
- 38 Years Old - (4:18) - 3,173 plays
- Poets - (4:02) - 2,339 plays
- Little Bones - (4:45) - 2,480 plays
- Grace, Too - (5:35) - 2,328 plays
- Nautical Disaster - (4:43) - 2,354 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online