The Tonight Show Band
1 Shouts - 4,829 Scrobbles
The Tonight Show Band is the band which plays on the American television variety show, The Tonight Show. From 1962 to the 1990s, during the years the show was known as The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, the band was a 17-piece big band, and was an important outlet for jazz on American television. During the Carson era, the band was always billed as "The NBC Orchestra" (not to be confused with the NBC Symphony Orchestra) and sometimes "Doc Severinsen and the NBC Orchestra."
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- April in Paris - (3:35) - 20 plays
- Serenade in Blue - (2:40) - 167 plays
- Johnny's Theme - (The Tonight Show Theme) - (1:22) - 17 plays
- In The Mood - (3:34) - 8 plays
- Take The 'a' Train - (1:03) - 9 plays
- Begin the Beguine - (3:50) - 7 plays
- Airmail Special - (2:37) - 6 plays
- Stardust - (5:24) - 6 plays
- Georgia on My Mind - (4:01) - 9 plays
- Take the "A" Train - (3:09) - 5 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online