0 Shouts - 4,563,960 Scrobbles
There has been more than one band known as The SubmarinesRead More...
1. The Submarines are composed of John Dragonetti, who previously performed as Jack Drag, and Blake Hazard, who is the great-granddaughter of novelist F. Scott Fitzgerald. The romantically involved couple collaborated on Hazard's 2002 album Little Airplane, but ended their relationship soon after. After they resumed their relationship, the duo recorded Declare A New State! in 2006 as The Submarines. Since then, Hazard and Dragonetti have married and recorded two further albums as The Submarines: Honeysuckle Weeks (2008) and Love Notes/Letter Bombs (2011).
In 2006, the duo's song Brighter Discontent was used in the fourth season finale of the American television series "Nip/Tuck", in which the characters of the show lip-synched the entirety of the song.
The duo's song You Me & The Bourgeoisie was used in a commercial for the Apple iPhone 3GS in 2008. Another Submarines song, Submarine Symphonika was used in a subsequent commercial for the iPhone 3GS later that year.
2. The Submarines are also a band formed in Glasgow, UK in 1985. Members include Paul MacNeil, Craig Keaney, Brian Kane and Scott Blane. They released their debut single on Head Records in 1987.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Xavia - 367,314 plays
- 1940 - 235,857 plays
- Submarine Symphonika - 241,043 plays
- LyricsHere I am with all the pleasures of the first world
Laid out for me who am I to breakdown?
Everyday I wake up,
I choose Love
I choose Light
- The Wake Up Song - 187,621 plays
- Brightest Hour - 209,264 plays
- Swimming Pool - 176,349 plays
- Brighter Discontent - 179,143 plays
- You Me And The Bourgeoisie - 144,491 plays
- Peace and Hate - 169,517 plays