16,096 Shouts - 126,503,869 Scrobbles
The Strokes are an American rock band from New York City, New York, United States, formed in 1998. The band rose to fame in the early 2000s as a leading group in garage rock/post-punk revival. The band consists of Julian Casablancas (lead vocals), Nick Valensi (lead guitar), Albert Hammond, Jr. (rhythm guitar), Nikolai Fraiture (bass guitar) and Fabrizio Moretti (drums and percussion).
Upon the release of their debut album, Is This It, in 2001, the group was met with much critical acclaim, being hailed by some as the "saviors of rock and roll.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsIn many ways, they'll miss the good old days
Yeah, it hurts to say, but I want you to stay
When we was young, oh man, did we have fun
- LyricsHe seemed impressed by the way you came in
Tell us the story, I know you're not boring
I was afraid that you would not insist
You sound so sleepy, just take this, now leave me
I said, "Please don't slow me down"
- LyricsLast night, she said
"Oh, baby, I feel so down
Oh it turns me off
When I feel left out"
So I, turned 'round out
- LyricsSome people think they're always right
Others are quiet and uptight
Others, they seem so very nice, nice, nice, nice, oh
Inside they might feel sad and wrong, oh no
Twenty-nine different attributes
- LyricsSlip back out of whack, at your best
It's a nightmare
So I'm joining the Army
Know how folks back out, I'll still call
Will you wait for me now?
- Machu Picchu - (3:29) - 315,617 plays
- Is This It - (2:31) - 256,031 plays
- Hard to Explain - (3:44) - 257,216 plays
- All The Time - (3:01) - 314,199 plays
- The Modern Age - (3:28) - 212,286 plays