467 Shouts - 7,834,961 Scrobbles
The Stranglers are a rock music group, formed on September 11, 1974 in Guildford, Surrey, England, United Kingdom. They were originally called The Guildford Stranglers and operated from an off-licence in the town. They also based themselves in the nearby village of Chiddingfold for a while. Original personnel were singer/guitarist Hugh Cornwell (from Kentish Town, London), keyboardist/guitarist Hans Wärmling (from Sweden, replaced within two years by Brighton-born keyboardist Dave Greenfield), London-born bass guitarist Jean-Jacques Burnel and drummer Jet Black (real name Brian Duffy)...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsGolden brown texture like sun
Lays me down with my mind she runs
Throughout the night
No need to fight
Never a frown with golden brown
- Peaches - (4:04) - 22,926 plays
- LyricsOne day you see a strange little girl look at you
One day you see a strange little girl feeling blue
She'd run to the town one day
Leaving home and the country fair
Just beware when you're there, strange little girl
- No More Heroes - (3:26) - 12,988 plays
- LyricsHow many times have you woken up
And prayed for the rain?
How many times have you seen
The papers apportion the blame?
Who gets to say?
- Walk On By - (6:18) - 7,740 plays
- No More Heroes - 1996 - Remaster - (3:28) - 7,062 plays
- Duchess - (2:28) - 6,847 plays
- Skin Deep - (3:55) - 6,875 plays
- Something Better Change - (3:33) - 5,806 plays