13 Shouts - 93,486 Scrobbles
The Spongetones, formed in 1981, are a power pop band from Charlotte, North Carolina. They formed from a Beatles cover act that had been playing at a local Charlotte bar. Very much influenced by the British Invasion, the Spongetones carried on the musical genre through acclaimed original songwriting, jangle pop riffs, and lilting vocals of Beatlesque quality. In his 2007 book, Shake Some Action, John Borack rated the Beat and Torn album at number 25 of his Top 200 Power Pop Albums of all time, comparing the album to early Beatles and The Searchers, calling the album "simply wonderful."
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- She Goes Out With Everybody - (2:26) - 493 plays
- Christmasland - (3:02) - 237 plays
- (My Girl) Maryanne - (2:41) - 220 plays
- My Girl Maryanne - (2:41) - 120 plays
- Here I Go Again - (2:37) - 148 plays
- On The Wings Of A Nightingale - (2:51) - 92 plays
- A Part Of Me Now - (2:30) - 57 plays
- Cool Hearted Girl - (2:58) - 60 plays
- Every Night Is A Holiday - (2:49) - 65 plays
- Lana-Nana - (2:56) - 44 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online