The Soul Children
4 Shouts - 137,634 Scrobbles
The Soul Children was an American vocal group who recorded soul music for Stax Records in the late 1960s and early 1970s. They had three top ten hits on the U.S. Billboard R&B chart – "The Sweeter He Is" (1969), "Hearsay" (1972), and "I'll Be The Other Woman" (1973) – all of which crossed over to the Hot 100. The group was formed in 1968 by Isaac Hayes and David Porter of Stax Records in Memphis, Tennessee, after one of the label's top acts, Sam & Dave, left Stax to join the Atlantic label.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Hearsay - (3:34) - 561 plays
- LyricsI'll be the other woman
All your life
Just as long as I am the only one
Other than your wife
Your wife, how would she feel
- Don't Take My Kindness For Weakness - (2:56) - 485 plays
- Move Over - (2:55) - 246 plays
- Love Is A Hurtin' Thing - (3:15) - 175 plays
- I'll Understand - (2:41) - 138 plays
- The Sweeter He Is - (6:18) - 123 plays
- Give 'Em Love - (2:46) - 104 plays
- Tighten Up My Thang - (3:02) - 73 plays
- Love Makes It Right - (5:49) - 98 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online