The Soul Children
4 Shouts - 132,826 Scrobbles
The Soul Children was an American vocal group who recorded soul music for Stax Records in the late 1960s and early 1970s. They had three top ten hits on the U.S. Billboard R&B chart – "The Sweeter He Is" (1969), "Hearsay" (1972), and "I'll Be The Other Woman" (1973) – all of which crossed over to the Hot 100. The group was formed in 1968 by Isaac Hayes and David Porter of Stax Records in Memphis, Tennessee, after one of the label's top acts, Sam & Dave, left Stax to join the Atlantic label.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Hearsay - (3:34) - 603 plays
- I'll Be The Other Woman - (3:32) - 601 plays
- Don't Take My Kindness For Weakness - (2:56) - 646 plays
- Move Over - (2:55) - 412 plays
- Love Is A Hurtin' Thing - (3:15) - 156 plays
- The Sweeter He Is - (6:18) - 151 plays
- I'll Understand - (2:41) - 108 plays
- Give 'Em Love - (2:46) - 81 plays
- Tighten Up My Thang - (3:02) - 85 plays
- Love Makes It Right - (5:49) - 93 plays