The Soul Children
4 Shouts - 132,813 Scrobbles
The Soul Children was an American vocal group who recorded soul music for Stax Records in the late 1960s and early 1970s. They had three top ten hits on the U.S. Billboard R&B chart – "The Sweeter He Is" (1969), "Hearsay" (1972), and "I'll Be The Other Woman" (1973) – all of which crossed over to the Hot 100. The group was formed in 1968 by Isaac Hayes and David Porter of Stax Records in Memphis, Tennessee, after one of the label's top acts, Sam & Dave, left Stax to join the Atlantic label.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Hearsay - (3:34) - 575 plays
- I'll Be The Other Woman - (3:32) - 576 plays
- Don't Take My Kindness For Weakness - (2:56) - 589 plays
- Move Over - (2:55) - 388 plays
- Love Is A Hurtin' Thing - (3:15) - 145 plays
- The Sweeter He Is - (6:18) - 136 plays
- I'll Understand - (2:41) - 95 plays
- Give 'Em Love - (2:46) - 73 plays
- Tighten Up My Thang - (3:02) - 87 plays
- Love Makes It Right - (5:49) - 77 plays