The Soul Children
4 Shouts - 134,117 Scrobbles
The Soul Children was an American vocal group who recorded soul music for Stax Records in the late 1960s and early 1970s. They had three top ten hits on the U.S. Billboard R&B chart – "The Sweeter He Is" (1969), "Hearsay" (1972), and "I'll Be The Other Woman" (1973) – all of which crossed over to the Hot 100. The group was formed in 1968 by Isaac Hayes and David Porter of Stax Records in Memphis, Tennessee, after one of the label's top acts, Sam & Dave, left Stax to join the Atlantic label.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Hearsay - (3:34) - 528 plays
- I'll Be The Other Woman - (3:32) - 548 plays
- Don't Take My Kindness For Weakness - (2:56) - 571 plays
- Move Over - (2:55) - 389 plays
- Love Is A Hurtin' Thing - (3:15) - 152 plays
- I'll Understand - (2:41) - 102 plays
- The Sweeter He Is - (6:18) - 130 plays
- Give 'Em Love - (2:46) - 78 plays
- Love Makes It Right - (5:49) - 81 plays
- Tighten Up My Thang - (3:02) - 88 plays