0 Shouts - 61,760 Scrobbles
There are three artists with this name:Read More...
1) The Snakes were a US band on Dischord Records composed of Michael Hampton (ex-guitarist of State of Alert/S.O.A. and ex-The Faith and future guitarist for Embrace and One Last Wish) and Simon Jacobsen (ex-drummer of State of Alert/S.O.A.. This group were primarily a recording project and rarely played live. The Snakes released two albums on Dischord entitled "I Won't Love You ('Til You're More Like Me)" and "Happy". The two albums were later reissued on one CD.
2) UK band The Snakes: It all began in 2002 with Messrs Moor and Davies deciding to mess around with a few tunes for a bit of fun. Without intending to take it much further, there emerged a batch of songs, which, with mates Dan Tilbury on drums and Alex Culpin on bass, created a fire that few could resist dancin round. Headlines followed at the Borderline, Jazz Café, Come Down & Meet the Folks, What’s Cookin, and festivals Beyond Nashville and SpydaFest, as well as live sessions on LBC, Mean Country AM, and GWR, and Supports with Robby Faulks, The Gourds, The Redlands Palamino Co, Bill Maloney’s Trophy Wives, Long Riders, and the legendary Tony Joe White. Long time pal Pete Smart joined the band for a tour with Texan troubadour Tommy Hale, temporarily covering on bass for Alex. Pete subsequently became a the fifth member of the Snakes, adding acoustic guitar, vocals and harmonica to their sound, as well as a Wiltshire accent even though he is Canadian... In 2006 the band released its 1st album Songs 1) From The Satellites, which received great reviews, bringing them to the attention of Bob Harris, among others, and earning them a BBC Radio session with Mark Lamarr. Plans for the follow up album were delayed by the departure of bassist Alex (did he jump or was he porsched?) and by the closure of their favourite recording studio and the subsequent setting up of a new studio. But the boys are now back on track with new bassist Johnhhy O and a new EP Eextended Player!
3) The Snakes was the British rock band formed by ex-Whitesnake members, guitarists Micky Moody and Bernie Marsden.
The line up was completed with the addition of Norwegian singer Jorn Lande, Neil Murray on bass, John Lingwood on drums and Don Airey on keyboards.
The Snakes released one studio album, Once Bitten, (1998) that was released only in Japan and one live album, Live in Europe (1998).
The band soon changed it`s name to The Company Of Snakes , Jorn Lande left and was replaced by Stefan Berggren (Snakes in Paradise ).
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Snake Rap - 3,996 plays
- Turn Back The Clock - 1,696 plays
- Showdown - 4,628 plays
- Can't Go Back - 2,615 plays
- What Love Can Do - 2,669 plays
- Real Faith - 2,137 plays
- The Dancer (The Liar) - 2,242 plays
- Gonna Find the Sun - 2,020 plays
- Little Miss Happiness - 2,352 plays
- Sacrificial Feelings - 2,043 plays