0 Shouts - 62,312 Scrobbles
"The Sequence" can refer to either a 1980's hip hop/funk group or a modern pop-rock band from southern California.Read More...
(1) The Sequence was an all-female old school hip hop/funk trio signed to the Sugar Hill label in the early 1980s. The group consisted of Cheryl (Cheryl The Pearl) Cook, Gwendolyn (Blondie) Chisolm, and lead singer/rapper Angie Stone, who subsequently became a member of Vertical Hold and later a solo artist.
(2) The Sequence consists of Travis Van Hoff (vocals), Jason Yata (Guitar), Brandon Dennis (Drums), and Kevin (Bass). According to a review by absolutepunk.net they say, "...I find it remarkable that a band that has been around as short a time as this band can sound as refined and seasoned as they do. Their music evokes such a feeling of summer with straight-up pop-punk songs..."
Their first full length album called "Simplify" was released July 19, 2007 originally with a different singer. Currently The Sequence is gearing up for the release of their new EP, titled "In Lights." A sample track from the new EP can be heard on the band's myspace page. (http://www.myspace.com/thesequencerock)
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Funk You Up - 8,629 plays
- Disturbia (Rihanna Cover) - 10,796 plays
- Funk You Up (long version) - 1,734 plays
- All In - 5,510 plays
- Funk You Up [Long Version] - 1,326 plays
- 1982 - 3,642 plays
- Till I Die - 4,322 plays
- And You Know That (short version) - 800 plays
- Simon Says - 974 plays
- And You Know That - 681 plays