969 Shouts - 4,029,387 Scrobbles
The Runaways were an American all-girl rock band from Los Angeles, California, who performed from 1975 to 1979. Believed at the time to have been a novelty act formed by producer Kim Fowley, who thought the notion of five teenage girls dressed in leather and lingerie performing heavy metal music was highly marketable, the band released its eponymous first album in 1976. The Runaways were formed in late 1975 by drummer Sandy West and rhythm guitarist Joan Jett after they had both introduced themselves to producer Kim Fowley, who gave Jett’s phone number to West.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsCan't stay at home, can't stay at school.
Old folks say 'You poor little fool'.
Down the streets I'm the girl next door.
I'm the fox you've been waiting for.
Hello, daddy. Hello, mom.
- LyricsYou know when you're close you really turn me on
That's why I want you so bad when your gone, yeah
Come on, come on and take me home
Please stay with me and don't you leave me alone
You drive me wild, yeah yeah
- LyricsMy one and only shining star said
Stick with me and I'll take you far
Your eyes are sparkling with teenage fire
I'll satisfy your made desires cause
I love playing with fire
- LyricsYou didn't care, you went and broke my heart
I'll get you back, you know it's gonna start
You gave me pain, look what you've done to me
When I get through you'll be sorry you met me
You'll wish you were never born
- LyricsWith a pinch of rock and a dose of roll
I can warm you up if you get too cold
I can bring you up when you're going down
I can smash your head all over this town
You gave me the answer
- Dead End Justice - (8:42) - 4,298 plays
- Is It Day or Night? - (2:45) - 4,043 plays
- California Paradise - (3:18) - 3,952 plays
- American Nights - (3:16) - 3,114 plays
- Thunder - (2:32) - 2,915 plays