The Red Wings
0 Shouts - 20,060 Scrobbles
The Red Wings are a band made up of three local punk-rock band members that take the music from their favourite videogames and arrange it for rock instruments in varying styles from heavy, driven punk/metal to soft, acoustic rock. By using guitar, bass, drums, and a selection of synthesised instruments played via keyboard, the band aim to create music that is recognisably videogame music, but also markedly different.Read More...
Each and every piece the band creates is individually arranged, with new sections often added or existing sections heavily edited. The band believe that the advantage of playing videogame music is in the emotions it evokes – nostalgia and memories of years of gaming, be it from recent Playstation 2 games or the old-fashioned bleeps of the NES. A wide variety of musical styles can also be explored within the wider genre of videogame music, providing interesting and constantly changing challenges for the band.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Genius of Doctor Robotnik (Sonic Series) - 2,349 plays
- Frog's Theme (Chrono Trigger) - 2,335 plays
- Ken's Theme (Street Fighter II) - 1,789 plays
- Gerudo Valley (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time) - 2,284 plays
- Wilderness (Golden Axe) - 1,182 plays
- Cornered! (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney) - 2,234 plays
- The Genius of Doctor Robotnik (Sonic the Hedgehog Series) - 1,771 plays
- The Decisive Battle Scene (Final Fantasy VI) - 846 plays
- Aerith's Theme (Final Fantasy VII) - 668 plays
- Valley of the Fallen Star (Final Fantasy VII) - 591 plays