The Real Roxanne
5 Shouts - 12,273 Scrobbles
Following the massive success of UTFO's "Roxanne, Roxanne" single in late 1984 and early 1985, over 100 answer records appeared, and several female rappers adopted the Roxanne alias; the Real Roxanne (born Adelaida Martinez) was perhaps the most talented of the bunch and really only had to contend with Roxanne Shanté for the title. It took her until 1988 to release an album, by which time the Roxanne fad had run its course; still, the self-titled release packed a wallop thanks to producers Jam Master Jay, Howie Tee, and Full Force, plus the Real Roxanne's own forceful, sassy personality.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online