The Real Roxanne
5 Shouts - 11,598 Scrobbles
Following the massive success of UTFO's "Roxanne, Roxanne" single in late 1984 and early 1985, over 100 answer records appeared, and several female rappers adopted the Roxanne alias; the Real Roxanne (born Adelaida Martinez) was perhaps the most talented of the bunch and really only had to contend with Roxanne Shanté for the title. It took her until 1988 to release an album, by which time the Roxanne fad had run its course; still, the self-titled release packed a wallop thanks to producers Jam Master Jay, Howie Tee, and Full Force, plus the Real Roxanne's own forceful, sassy personality.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Bang Zoom (Let's Go-Go) - (3:32) - 49 plays
- Bang Zoom (Let's Go Go) - (3:31) - 57 plays
- Roxanne's on a Roll - (3:48) - 22 plays
- Howie's Teed Off - (5:31) - 25 plays
- Respect - (4:18) - 49 plays
- Bang Zoom - (2:43) - 17 plays
- Bang Zoom (Let's Go - (5:55) - 20 plays
- Early Early - (4:35) - 5 plays
- Don't Even Feel It - (4:16) - 7 plays
- The Real Roxanne - (4:27) - 6 plays