The Pursuit Of Happiness
13 Shouts - 121,240 Scrobbles
The Pursuit of Happiness are a Canadian band. Led by Edmonton, Alberta singer/songwriter Moe Berg, The Pursuit of Happiness (TPOH) were launched in 1985 when Berg and drummer Dave Gilby moved to Toronto, Ontario. They soon met bassist Johnny Sinclair and formed the band, adding twins Tam and Tasha Amabile as backing vocalists. Their debut single, I'm an Adult Now, quickly became a hit across Canada in 1986, sparked by a low-budget video which made it onto the Canadian music video channel MuchMusic.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsWell, I don't hate my parents
I don't get drunk just to spite them
I've got my own reasons to drink now
I think I'll call my dad up and invite him
I can sleep in till noon anytime I want
- LyricsAs much as she'd like to believe
She's leading a brand new wave
That uniform that she wears
I see it on the street every day
She looks heavenward
- LyricsEveryone who sees you
Thinks you should be smilin'
That girl, she's so pretty
That girl, she's so beguilin'
Everyone who sees you
- LyricsCigarette dangles, makes me hard
Kidnap me, throw me in the back of your car
Take me to your room where the flowers hang like bats
Poison me with liquor then break out the party hats
Kiss me till you hurt me, then again until I'm numb
- LyricsEvery time I see your hair falling across your face
Want to get down on my knees, pray to you, yeah
Every time I see your hands hanging loosely at your side
Ten long fingers, I just want to run and hide
Is that the way it feels for you?
- Walking In The Woods - (3:52) - 33 plays
- Killed By Love - (4:04) - 64 plays
- Looking For Girls - (2:51) - 26 plays
- Beautiful White - (3:28) - 28 plays
- Down On Him - (2:30) - 24 plays