0 Shouts - 1,018,312 Scrobbles
There are 4 bands called The Primitives.Read More...
1. A parody dance band from the United States
2. A rock and roll band from the United Kingdom
3. An alternative rock band from the United Kingdom (1985–1992; 2009–present)
4. An alternative country band from the United States
1. The Primitives were a parody dance band from New York formed in 1964 (and that released one 7" that year). The band was fronted by Lou Reed and featuring John Cale, both later of the Velvet Underground. Ostrich guitar tuning, the all-D tuning particularly credited to the Velvet Underground, originated from the Primitives single the Ostrich. They disbanded in 1965.
2. The Primitives, from Northampton UK, were also known as Mal & the Primitives. They released their debut (Help Me) in November 1964. They released a couple more 45's before relocating to Italy where they released 3 more albums.
3. The Primitives are an alternative rock/indie pop band from Coventry, UK formed in 1985. Original singer Keiron McDermott was soon replaced by Tracy Tracy (born Tracy Cattell in Australia), whose blonde good looks and distinctive voice helped the band to achieve great success for a brief period. The rest of the band consisted of PJ Court (born Paul Jonathan Court, on 27 July 1965) (vocals, guitar), Steve Dullaghan (bass) and Pete Tweedie (drums). Their career was also boosted when The Smiths singer Morrissey named them as one of his favourite bands. After a successful first album, which presented them with their UK Top 5 hit single "Crash" (which also peaked at #3 on the Billboard Modern Rock Chart), their career began to fade in the early 1990s. They split in 1992 following the commercial failure of their final album, 1991's Galore. Their major rivals within the 'bubble pop' scene were Transvision Vamp and The Darling Buds, both of whom bore a similar sound.
In 2009 The Primitives reformed, releasing their first album for 21 years, Echoes and Rhymes, in May 2012. The album features covers by lesser-known female fronted bands from the 1960s.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Crash - 372,604 plays
- Spacehead - 23,143 plays
- Way Behind Me - 22,884 plays
- Stop Killing Me - 19,809 plays
- Out of Reach - 18,990 plays
- Thru' the Flowers - 14,994 plays
- Shadow - 13,609 plays
- Nothing Left - 14,596 plays
- Sick Of It - 14,010 plays
- I'll Stick With You - 12,384 plays