The Pretty Things
192 Shouts - 1,893,321 Scrobbles
The Pretty Things are a 1960s and 1970s rock and roll band from London. They pioneered a raw approach to rhythm and blues (and later, psychedelia) that influenced a number of key bands of the 1960s British invasion, particularly The Rolling Stones, and David Bowie whose first hero was Phil May. Pretty Things was preceded by Little Boy Blue and the Blue Boys which consisted of Dick Taylor, fellow Sidcup Art College student Keith Richards and Mick Jagger.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsFor ten weeks now, number three stood empty
Nobody thought there would be
Family laughter behind the windows
Or a Christmas tree
Then a couple from up north
- Don't Bring Me Down - (2:10) - 3,259 plays
- Rosalyn - (2:18) - 2,753 plays
- Bracelets of Fingers - (3:35) - 2,442 plays
- LyricsShe's there waiting at the gate painted by the dawn.
She's there waiting at the gates as the velvet night sky is torn.
She says good morning, I smile and say the same.
She's stands waiting at the gate smiling at the rain.
As I turn to wave to her I wish I could remain.
- Private Sorrow - (4:04) - 2,093 plays
- Baron Saturday - (3:59) - 1,956 plays
- Balloon Burning - (3:48) - 1,945 plays
- Death - (3:11) - 2,401 plays
- Loneliest Person - (1:23) - 1,724 plays
- Sia’s In The Billboard Top 10 For The First Time As A Solo Artist
- Hilary Duff Drops “Chasing The Sun” Comeback Single + Video
- Nicki Minaj Delays “Anaconda” Release A Week Later
- “Weird Al” Yankovic’s ‘Mandatory Fun’ Is His First No.1 Album Ever
- Beyonce, Iggy Azalea, Eminem Top 2014 MTV VMAs Nominations