231 Shouts - 1,727,866 Scrobbles
The Posies began as a set of informal home recordings by Jon Auer and Ken Stringfellow in Bellingham, Washington in 1987 and eventually became a full-fledged band. Those demos were released as the album Failure, and Mike Musberger and Rick Roberts joined soon after, allowing the band to play its first live shows in Seattle and Bellingham. The four then moved into a house in Seattle's University District. The band's first full album was their major-label debut Dear 23 in 1990.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI guess you're right
and there's nothing I will say to you this time
You told me just what I had to live for
And there's no flight in my fire
and more than that it's so alright it's so alright
- LyricsOh baby, you're too pure
You're too pure for this wicked world
Your data's uncorrupted
But does something skip inside you?
That's what takes up time in this life
- LyricsI’ve got a lot of thoughts
I've got a lot of plans
I lost a lot of sleep
Trying to understand
I could dream all day
- LyricsI'll call you Sister Carrie
But I'll never say it
Mute it to a whisper
And spin your solar sister
And magnet will deliver
- LyricsCan you hear it?
Like an invitation
Can you feel it?
It's a revelation
The flavor of the month
- Definite Door - (4:04) - 1,206 plays
- Love Letter Boxes - (3:09) - 1,161 plays
- Coming Right Along - (6:20) - 1,194 plays
- Burn & Shine - (6:52) - 906 plays
- Please Return It - (3:30) - 1,035 plays