114 Shouts - 1,194,350 Scrobbles
Pentangle, along with Fairport Convention, were one of the shining lights in the modernisation of British folk music in the 1960s. Rather than adding elements of rock music, however, they leaned toward jazz, supplementing twin acoustic guitars with jazzy drums and acoustic bass. The band consisted of two of the superstars of British folk guitar, Bert Jansch (3rd November 1943 - 5th October 2011) and John Renbourn (both of whom also sang,) singer Jacqui McShee, bassist Danny Thompson and drummer Terry Cox.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Light Flight - (3:15) - 2,730 plays
- Once I Had A Sweetheart - (4:21) - 1,721 plays
- Hunting Song - (6:42) - 1,515 plays
- Train Song - (4:44) - 1,324 plays
- Springtime Promises - (4:07) - 1,176 plays
- House Carpenter - (5:27) - 1,047 plays
- Sally Go Round The Roses - (3:35) - 1,076 plays
- Let No Man Steal Your Thyme - (2:46) - 1,188 plays
- Lyke-Wake Dirge - (3:34) - 879 plays
- The Cuckoo - (4:26) - 918 plays