23 Shouts - 372,064 Scrobbles
The Penguins were an American doo-wop group of the 1950s and early '60s, best remembered for their only Top 40 hit, "Earth Angel (Will You Be Mine)", which was one of the first rhythm and blues hits to cross over to the pop charts. The song peaked at #8 on the national charts, but had a three-week run at #1 on the R&B "race" chart. Singers Cleveland Duncan, Curtis Williams, Dexter Tisby, and Bruce Tate, all students at Fremont High in Los Angeles, CA, formed the quartet in 1954. They broke up in 1959. Cleve Duncan sang lead on "Earth Angel."
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Earth Angel - (2:57) - 10,375 plays
- Earth Angel (Will You Be Mine) - (2:58) - 3,340 plays
- Earth Angel (Will You Be Mine) (Version #1) - (3:31) - 873 plays
- Hey Senorita - (2:12) - 501 plays
- Earth Angel (Will You Be Mine) (version #2) - (2:48) - 619 plays
- Ookey Ook - (2:58) - 301 plays
- Memories of El Monte - (2:32) - 200 plays
- Baby Let's Make Some Love - (2:56) - 174 plays
- Love Will Make Your Mind Go Wild - (2:36) - 166 plays
- Kiss A Fool Goodbye - (2:53) - 125 plays