23 Shouts - 383,237 Scrobbles
The Penguins were an American doo-wop group of the 1950s and early '60s, best remembered for their only Top 40 hit, "Earth Angel (Will You Be Mine)", which was one of the first rhythm and blues hits to cross over to the pop charts. The song peaked at #8 on the national charts, but had a three-week run at #1 on the R&B "race" chart. Singers Cleveland Duncan, Curtis Williams, Dexter Tisby, and Bruce Tate, all students at Fremont High in Los Angeles, CA, formed the quartet in 1954. They broke up in 1959. Cleve Duncan sang lead on "Earth Angel."
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsEarth angel, earth angel, will you be mine
My darling, dear, i love you all the time
I'm just a fool, a fool in love with you
Earth angel, earth angel, the one i adore
I love you forever, and ever ever more
- Lyrics(oh, oh, oh, oh, wah-ah-ah, oh, oh, oh, oh
Earth angel, earth angel
Will you be mine?
My darling dear
Love you all the time
- Earth Angel (Will You Be Mine) (Version #1) - (3:31) - 830 plays
- Earth Angel (Will You Be Mine) (version #2) - (2:48) - 540 plays
- Hey Senorita - (2:12) - 352 plays
- Ookey Ook - (2:58) - 224 plays
- Memories of El Monte - (2:32) - 162 plays
- Jingle Jangle - (2:25) - 77 plays
- Love Will Make Your Mind Go Wild - (2:36) - 60 plays
- Earth Angel Will You Be Mine - (2:56) - 73 plays