The Partridge Family
45 Shouts - 379,418 Scrobbles
The Partridge Family was an American television sitcom about a widowed mother and her five children, that lived in a small fictional town in Northern California. In the pilot episode the musical family records a pop song in their garage. Through the marketing efforts of 10-year- old son Danny the song becomes a hit. The family begins touring the country in a colorful 1957 Chevrolet school bus, performing their music in various types of venues. The episodes would often contrast their suburban life with the adventures of a show-biz family "on the road".
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI'm sleeping and right in the middle of a good dream
Like all at once I wake up from something that keeps
Knocking at my brain
Before I go insane I hold my pillow to my head
And spring up in my bed screaming out the words I dread
- LyricsHello world, here's a song that we're singin'
Come on, get happy
A whole lotta lovin' is what we'll be bringin'
We'll make you happy
We had a dream we'd go travelin' together
- LyricsLast night, I turned out the lights, lay down and thought about you
I thought about the way that it could be
Two O'clock, wonderin' what I'm doin' here alone without you
So I close my eyes and dream you're here to me
And I woke up in love this morning, I woke up in love this morning
- LyricsI go downtown and roam all around
But every street I walk, I find another dead end
I'm on my own but I'm so all alone
I need somebody so I won't have to pretend
I know there's someone just waiting somewhere
- LyricsWill there come a day, you and I can say
We can finally see each other?
Will there come a time, we can find the time
To reach out for one another?
We've been travelin' in circles such a long, long time
- I Can Feel Your Heartbeat - (2:06) - 608 plays
- Point Me in the Direction of Albuquerque - (3:51) - 423 plays
- Looking Through the Eyes of Love - (3:06) - 385 plays
- It's One of Those Nights (Yes Love) - (3:35) - 345 plays
- Echo Valley 2-6809 - (3:04) - 307 plays