The One AM Radio
0 Shouts - 1,449,390 Scrobbles
The One AM Radio is the project of singer/composer Hrishikesh Hirway. Hrishikesh often has friends accompany him live and on recordings but, in general, he sings, plays most of the instruments, and produces all the beats. His music blends acoustic and electronic elements and has drawn comparisons to a diverse array of artists, from Nick Drake to Portishead to Sigur Ros.Read More...
The One AM Radio has released 3 full-lengths: This Too Will Pass (2007), A Name Writ In Water (2004), and The Hum of the Electric Air! (2002); a split 7" with Ted Leo, and a 7" on Troubleman Unlimited, as part of their Solo Singles Series (along with The Album Leaf, Bob Nanna, Tim Kinsella, Tara Jane O'Neil) and another split 7" with Jeromes Dream on Alone Records. The One AM Radio has remixed and been remixed by a number of other artists. Daedelus enlisted Hrishikesh as a guest collaborator for a track on his album Exquisite Corpse.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lyricsthe pacific northwest coast holds a place i'd longed to see. an unmarked stretch of beach, tied to your memory. i made my way there, breathed that air and walked on those dunes. i sank my feet in the sand, holding your daughter's hand. there's a debt, sir, unanswered, i can't repay: what you gave away. they say the fire goes out on a star long before we know of the light that shines down on us below. i went to that beach, footprints trailing behind, to be washed out by the tide or for someone to
- Credible Threats - 34,257 plays
- Lyricsin the house we will make someday, we'll sleep in on sunday. the sheets and the sun's rays will close all around, wash over like ocean sounds. we'll stay in the bedroom until slanting sunlight tells us it's afternoon. won't it be sweet? we'll want for naught. all that we'll need will be all we've got. and we'll never speak of days when we'd desperately seek shelter from terrible storms, trying just to keep safe and
- In A City Without Seasons - 35,977 plays
- Lyricsfound a moth sleeping in the folds of your dress. burnt out because he turned out such a mess. he'd caught sight of a light that called his name. caught her eyes, and then he cauterized from the flame. say my dear, is this familiar? i apologize, but i must avert my eyes from the
- In The Time We've Got - 40,028 plays
- Sunlight - 34,056 plays
- Buried Below - 37,298 plays
- An Old Photo of Your New Lover - 29,861 plays
- Witness - 36,850 plays