The OO-Ray is the alias of Ted Laderas, an improvisatory and experimental cellist from Portland, OR. A systems biologist by day, he extends his experimental attitude to exploring the outer possibilities of the cello, often distorting, looping, or pitchshifting his instrument beyond recognizability into waves of reverberation and extended drones. Inspired by the gauzy textures of My Bloody Valentine, he call his style “shoegazer cello” or “chamber drone”.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Diplodocus - (5:36) - 91 plays
- Monsoon Season - (3:17) - 84 plays
- Areore - (3:54) - 58 plays
- Silhouettes - (2:44) - 37 plays
- Moments of Quiet Technicolor - (4:08) - 25 plays
- A Flying V - (2:39) - 23 plays
- Sleep Kingdoms - (2:39) - 19 plays
- Oceans Apart - (4:15) - 18 plays
- Monsoon Breeze - (4:15) - 20 plays
- a savage exhibition - (3:02) - 22 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online