The New Birth
10 Shouts - 101,946 Scrobbles
History The history of the group starts with the instrumental outfit, The Nite-Liters which had originally been formed in 1963 in Louisville, Kentucky by Tony Churchill and Harvey Fuqua, and featured, in its heydey, besides Churchill on tenor sax and vibes, Charlie Hearndon on guitar, James Baker on keyboards, Robin Russell on drums, Robert "Lurch" Jackson on trumpet, Austin Lander on baritone sax, Leroy Taylor on bass, and, later, Carl McDaniel on guitar. (Earlier members included Johnny Graham, later of Earth, Wind & Fire) and Jerry Bell.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- It's Been A Long Time - (5:52) - 1,053 plays
- Wild Flower - (6:28) - 545 plays
- Honeybee - (3:58) - 362 plays
- I Can Understand It - (6:22) - 385 plays
- Do The Granny - (3:06) - 252 plays
- Dream Merchant - (4:24) - 310 plays
- You Are What I'm All About - (3:54) - 221 plays
- It's Impossible - (3:22) - 133 plays
- Honey Bee - (4:01) - 199 plays
- Got To Get A Knutt - (7:32) - 94 plays