The New Birth
10 Shouts - 105,107 Scrobbles
History The history of the group starts with the instrumental outfit, The Nite-Liters which had originally been formed in 1963 in Louisville, Kentucky by Tony Churchill and Harvey Fuqua, and featured, in its heydey, besides Churchill on tenor sax and vibes, Charlie Hearndon on guitar, James Baker on keyboards, Robin Russell on drums, Robert "Lurch" Jackson on trumpet, Austin Lander on baritone sax, Leroy Taylor on bass, and, later, Carl McDaniel on guitar. (Earlier members included Johnny Graham, later of Earth, Wind & Fire) and Jerry Bell.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- It's Been A Long Time - (5:52) - 939 plays
- Do The Granny - (3:06) - 400 plays
- Honeybee - (3:58) - 433 plays
- Wild Flower - (6:28) - 532 plays
- I Can Understand It - (6:22) - 359 plays
- Dream Merchant - (4:24) - 216 plays
- You Are What I'm All About - (3:54) - 183 plays
- It's Impossible - (3:22) - 127 plays
- Honey Bee - (4:01) - 184 plays
- Got To Get A Knutt - (7:32) - 80 plays