The New Amsterdams
82 Shouts - 2,987,484 Scrobbles
The New Amsterdams began as a solo project in Lawrence, Kansas to then-lead singer for The Get Up Kids Matt Pryor. In 2000, he released his debut album Never You Mind, which was comprised largely of acoustic tracks with sparse accompaniment. However, the album also featured Alex Brahl and Rob Pope providing extra instrument tracks. Two years later in January 2002, Pryor released Para Toda Vida, this time sticking almost purely to acoustic guitar, with the exception of a few tracks utilizing harmonica and banjo as well.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI know that it burns like poison in the pill
You sing in your sleep, it echoes in the hills
You cant hear a word
You cant hear my broken will
The world through a windshield
- LyricsAre you hanging on for hope? The clock strikes past the hour
Is the pain enough to choke the life out?
You may never get to sleep, your time is not your time tonight
Her smile will make you weak and proud
Do you ever miss her? Do you feel the cold wind whisper?
- LyricsUncommon amount of the time at home,
hardly a word on the telephone.
Finally find the time to get to know you.
Still mapping it out like a master plan,
something to do with my idle hands.
- LyricsI don't think that you're one of us
A coated chrome doesn't rust from the inside out
It's a ways down to ghost town
I don't think that you're serious
That alone could be the death of us
- LyricsThere was honor among the thieves
The only truth I could believe
But, when the lies applied to me and mine
The better left unsaid
We could write the hit parade
- Hover Near Fame - (3:13) - 675 plays
- Proceed WIth Caution - (3:36) - 527 plays
- Heaven Sent - (2:17) - 459 plays
- Fountain of Youth - (2:56) - 417 plays
- All Our Vice - (3:53) - 414 plays