The New Amsterdams
80 Shouts - 2,883,972 Scrobbles
The New Amsterdams began as a solo project in Lawrence, Kansas to then-lead singer for The Get Up Kids Matt Pryor. In 2000, he released his debut album Never You Mind, which was comprised largely of acoustic tracks with sparse accompaniment. However, the album also featured Alex Brahl and Rob Pope providing extra instrument tracks. Two years later in January 2002, Pryor released Para Toda Vida, this time sticking almost purely to acoustic guitar, with the exception of a few tracks utilizing harmonica and banjo as well.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsAre you hanging on for hope? The clock strikes past the hour
Is the pain enough to choke the life out?
You may never get to sleep, your time is not your time tonight
Her smile will make you weak and proud
Do you ever miss her? Do you feel the cold wind whisper?
- LyricsI know that it burns like poison in the pill
You sing in your sleep, it echoes in the hills
You cant hear a word
You cant hear my broken will
The world through a windshield
- LyricsThere was honor among the thieves
The only truth I could believe
But, when the lies applied to me and mine
The better left unsaid
We could write the hit parade
- LyricsUncommon amount of the time at home,
hardly a word on the telephone.
Finally find the time to get to know you.
Still mapping it out like a master plan,
something to do with my idle hands.
- LyricsI'll trust as far as I can spit, you can read deep into it
New York nightlife isn't shit without a storyboard
I don't think, much impresses me like a drunk celebrity
You just fall down and fall asleep like the rest
On your way out, don't bother pickin' up your tab
- Fountain of Youth - (2:56) - 1,228 plays
- Ex's & Oh's - (3:24) - 1,172 plays
- The Death Of Us - (4:15) - 1,049 plays
- Heaven Sent - (2:17) - 1,173 plays
- Dear Lover - (3:01) - 1,073 plays