0 Shouts - 815,284 Scrobbles
There are three artists with this name:Read More...
1) The Network is a 5-piece New Wave/Synth Punk band from California. The band consists of all three members of Green Day and two of their touring musicians. Their stage names are Fink (Billie Joe Armstrong), The Snoo (Tre Cool), Van Gough (Mike Dirnt), Captain Underpants, and Z. It should be noted that Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong's alter ego is Wilhelm Fink and Green Day drummer Tré Cool went by King Underpants in the band The Lookouts, but is reportedly The Snoo in The Network. These are clues as to the identities of the individual members, and it is known for certain that the members of Green Day are in The Network. After their album Money Money 2020, The Network added a new member to the band : Balducci.
Billie Joe Armstrong dismisses Green Day's involvement in The Network as but a rumor, ostensibly for publicity purposes, even getting into a competitive argument with The Network. Although the style of music is different (New Wave as opposed to Green Day's pop-punk style), Armstrong's voice can be unmistakably made out on several Money Money 2020 tracks. The official Network band site claims that "Fink" put out the money for the band himself. In reality, Billie Joe Armstrong fronted the money for the band himself, and they are signed to Adeline Records, the record company he co-owns. Neither Fink/Billie Joe's or The Snoo/Tré Cool's Masks fully cover their faces, making it quite easy to discern these two members. Van Gough sings on most Network tracks in a manner similar to that of Mike Dirnt.
2) The Network from NH revives 1997 with a sound similar to Turmoil, Coalesce, Bloodlet, Deadguy and a pinch of Refused and The Blood Brothers. Incredibly spazzy, The Network features ex-Dead Water Drowning/Premonitions of War vocalist, Nate Johnson on bass/backing vocals and guest appearances by Ryan Mckenney from Backstabbers Incorporated, Guy Kozowyk from The Red Chord & Adam Dulong of Cannae.
2) The Network (1960's) Released a Psychedelic Pop single in 1968 on the Spar Label.
Cat # 306, Track A: The Boys And The Girls, Composer: Mark Charron, Producer: George Motola, Track B: Ears Of Stone.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI'm taking a ride to the liquor store
I'm looking for a beer and a little bit more
I'm gonna spend all the money she had
On a nude girl in a dirty old magazine
50 cents cheaper than the real thing
- Love And Money (Album Version) - 18,544 plays
- Spike (Album Version) - 18,222 plays
- LyricsI don't believe in the apocalypse.
I don't believe in the end of time.
I don't believe in the solar eclipse.
I don't believe in valentines.
I don't believe I've asked your opinion.
- LyricsNot quite a fembot
But almost an alien
She's in the smell of the month club
I feel it in my lungs
Lesbian junkie funky
- Supermodel Robots (Album Version) - 16,277 plays
- Right Hand-A-Rama (Album Version) - 14,028 plays
- Roshambo (Album Version) - 15,046 plays
- Spastic Society - 37,337 plays
- Teenagers From Mars - 45,975 plays