The Naked and Famous
1,645 Shouts - 20,820,074 Scrobbles
The Naked and Famous are a five piece indie band hailing from Auckland, New Zealand. The band comprises Thom Powers, Alisa Xayalith, Aaron Short, David Beadle and Jesse Wood. According to the Young Blood Songfacts, they took the name from a line in UK trip hop singer-songwriter Tricky's track, Tricky Kid. After their initial formation in 2008, their debut album "Passive Me, Aggressive You" was released on the "Somewhat Damaged" label during September 2010. The single "Young Blood" debuted at number one on the New Zealand chart - the first New Zealand artist to do so in three years.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsWe're only young and naive still
We require certain skills
The mood it changes like the wind
Hard to control when it begins
The bittersweet between my teeth
All the lights go down as I crawl into the spaces
Fight, flight or the screams
Life tearing at the seams
- LyricsOrders in to rise in lines
We're alone but side by side
We're yet to dream
We're yet to dream
Nothing here is what it seems
Run, whirlwind run
Further and further away
Into the sun
In 20 minutes
- LyricsI cant begin to explain
How we disassemble
The parts and frame
Maybe its the same late morning?
The same no-show?
- No Way - (5:30) - 39,694 plays
- The Sun - (3:57) - 33,839 plays
- Frayed - (3:46) - 25,996 plays
- Rolling Waves - (3:39) - 32,056 plays
- Eyes - (4:43) - 22,245 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online