0 Shouts - 118,237 Scrobbles
the sounds of mid-20th Century southern Americana.Read More...
The Mojos heap together hillbilly blues, old country, folk, and bluegrass, inject it with the melody of British Invasion pop, and fire it all out with the breakneck energy of the best garage/punk/rock n' roll. The duo's playing is still tight and electric (sounds like there's five of 'em, not just two!), and Matt's songwriting has advanced from damn great to unfuckingbelievable.
There's something slightly magical about these cats' trip - they take all of these well-tread musical elements and somehow make them sound as fresh, current, and exciting as any new thing the hipster pundits are selling these days. Song after song on this album is catchier than the clap and guaranteed to get you smiling, dancing, and feeling totally great about life. I just think these guys are amazingly talented - as gifted a twosome as you'll find in the rock world today.
Pound for pound, you won't find another group with more soul in its heart and fire in its gut. And by all accounts, they completely tear it up live. Come play the States, boys!
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Wait A While - 10,677 plays
- Miss Me When I'm Gone - 8,352 plays
- Clean My Sins - 6,336 plays
- Complicate My Life - 5,143 plays
- Stars Above - 3,915 plays
- Askin' For A Better Circumstance - 4,668 plays
- Down My Spine - 3,966 plays
- You Are Not Me (Fortunately) - 4,056 plays
- She Loves - 3,438 plays
- Leave this town - 3,091 plays