The Modern Lovers
205 Shouts - 2,495,918 Scrobbles
The Modern Lovers were an American rock band led by Jonathan Richman in the 1970s and 1980s. The original band, billed simply as "The Modern Lovers", existed from 1970–74 but their recordings were not released until 1976 or later. It featured Jonathan Richman and bassist Ernie Brooks with drummer David Robinson (later of The Cars) and keyboardist Jerry Harrison (later of Talking Heads). The sound of the band owed a great deal to the influence of The Velvet Underground, and is now considered one of the leading bands of the "proto-punk" scene.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lyricsone two three four five six
Going faster miles an hour
Gonna drive past the Stop 'n' Shop
With the radio on
- Pablo Picasso - (5:06) - 8,883 plays
- Old World - (4:01) - 6,688 plays
- Astral Plane - (3:00) - 6,591 plays
- I'm Straight - (6:28) - 6,617 plays
- She Cracked - (4:18) - 5,494 plays
- Hospital - (6:38) - 6,504 plays
- Someone I Care About - (4:02) - 4,577 plays
- Modern World - (3:16) - 4,222 plays
- Roadrunner (Once) - (4:43) - 3,456 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online