The Modern Lovers
202 Shouts - 2,426,876 Scrobbles
The Modern Lovers were an American rock band led by Jonathan Richman in the 1970s and 1980s. The original band, billed simply as "The Modern Lovers", existed from 1970–74 but their recordings were not released until 1976 or later. It featured Jonathan Richman and bassist Ernie Brooks with drummer David Robinson (later of The Cars) and keyboardist Jerry Harrison (later of Talking Heads). The sound of the band owed a great deal to the influence of The Velvet Underground, and is now considered one of the leading bands of the "proto-punk" scene.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Roadrunner - (4:55) - 14,012 plays
- Pablo Picasso - (5:06) - 8,170 plays
- Old World - (4:01) - 6,555 plays
- Astral Plane - (3:00) - 6,550 plays
- I'm Straight - (6:28) - 6,204 plays
- She Cracked - (4:18) - 5,593 plays
- Hospital - (6:38) - 6,582 plays
- Someone I Care About - (4:02) - 4,678 plays
- Roadrunner (Once) - (4:43) - 3,659 plays
- Modern World - (3:16) - 4,307 plays