The Modern Lovers
200 Shouts - 2,346,908 Scrobbles
The Modern Lovers were an American rock band led by Jonathan Richman in the 1970s and 1980s. The original band, billed simply as "The Modern Lovers", existed from 1970–74 but their recordings were not released until 1976 or later. It featured Jonathan Richman and bassist Ernie Brooks with drummer David Robinson (later of The Cars) and keyboardist Jerry Harrison (later of Talking Heads). The sound of the band owed a great deal to the influence of The Velvet Underground, and is now considered one of the leading bands of the "proto-punk" scene.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Roadrunner - (4:55) - 13,425 plays
- Pablo Picasso - (5:06) - 7,252 plays
- Old World - (4:01) - 6,583 plays
- Astral Plane - (3:00) - 6,629 plays
- I'm Straight - (6:28) - 6,159 plays
- She Cracked - (4:18) - 5,446 plays
- Hospital - (6:38) - 6,254 plays
- Someone I Care About - (4:02) - 4,524 plays
- Girl Friend - (3:54) - 3,731 plays
- Modern World - (3:16) - 4,310 plays