0 Shouts - 258,735 Scrobbles
There are more than one band named The Mob.Read More...
1. Anarcho-punk late '70s
2. New York Hardcore early '80s
3. Rock 2005
4. Northern soul R& B mid "60s
1) The Mob were an anarcho-punk band originally from Yeovil, Somerset, England during the late 1970s and early 1980s. The band broke up in December 1983. Marc Mob was the bands center of attention with colourful (red) dreadlocks and an angelic face. On the contrary his voice sounded doomed, his lyrics featuring topics such as nuclear bombs, war, wastelands, death and doom in general. the mob. they knew that the world was a place of doom, gloom, and despair, and thus sung songs of mourning for a dying world. greed, corruption, and pollution have blotted out all hope and optimism. formed and disbanded during the early UK anarcho-punk scene, the mob defined dirge music in the punk genre with music so competent and unique from the one chord wonder bands, and possibly the most emotional, albeit negative, of any of their contemporaries like crass, conflict, and chumbawamba while still remaining political in their message. possibly the only other band to hold a torch to the despair and morbidity of the mob was rudimentary peni, another off-beat post-punk group who often shared the stage with the mob. they seemed more comrades to each other than any of the more positive-punk bands at the time.
2) The Mob were a hardcore band from New York who existed during the 1980's. Their first release was the Upset The System EP 7" in 1982 followed by another 7" (Step Forward) the next year and a LP titled We Come To Crush in 1986. Their style of hardcore was similar to contemporaries such as The Abused, Urban Waste and Cause For Alarm.
3)The Mob is an American hard rock band formed in 2005. Their self-titled debut album was released by Frontiers Records the same year.
4 ) The Mob is a 1960's horn-soul band from Chicago Illinois that played many venues and had a prolific and successful songwriting duo amongst its' members of the band in guitarist Jim Holvay and horn player Gary Beisbier who wrote songs for many other acts including The Buckinghams.
* Reb Beach (from Whitesnake – guitars, backing vocals
* Doug Pinnick (from King's X – lead vocals
* Timothy Drury from (Whitesnake – keyboards, backing vocals
* Kelly Keagy from (Night Ranger– drums, backing vocals
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Witch Hunt - 16,062 plays
- Another Day, Another Death - 13,925 plays
- Gates of Hell - 10,746 plays
- Slayed - 9,940 plays
- No Doves Fly Here - 10,478 plays
- Our Life Our World - 9,519 plays
- I Wish - 10,112 plays
- Never Understood - 8,507 plays
- Dance on (You Fool) - 9,302 plays
- Cry of a Morning - 8,100 plays