773 Shouts - 8,940,658 Scrobbles
The Microphones is the name of a project that Anacortes, WA's Phil Elvrum has headed since the late 90s. Its sound is best described as lo-fi "fuzz folk," ranging from drum-crashing, bass-thrashing sonic freakouts, strummy classical guitar love songs, angelic vocal choirs, and almost-whispered vocals over harmoniums and bell kits. In 2004, Elverum abandoned the "Microphones" name to begin recording as Mount Eerie.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Want Wind to Blow - (5:32) - 37,499 plays
- The Moon - (5:23) - 34,879 plays
- Instrumental - (1:53) - 29,889 plays
- The Glow Pt. 2 - (4:58) - 30,710 plays
- My Roots Are Strong And Deep - (1:53) - 23,739 plays
- Headless Horseman - (3:10) - 25,025 plays
- The Mansion - (3:34) - 21,286 plays
- (Something) - (4:34) - 23,649 plays
- I Felt Your Shape - (1:55) - 23,338 plays
- I'll Not Contain You - (2:50) - 18,673 plays