104 Shouts - 2,775,346 Scrobbles
The Meters were a band that performed and recorded from the late 1960s until 1977. They were based in New Orleans. While the band never enjoyed huge popular success, it was nonetheless greatly admired by cognoscenti and is considered one of progenitors of funk in the 1970s. The Meters formed in 1965, with a line up of keyboardist and vocalist Art Neville, guitarist Leo Nocentelli, bassist George Porter Jr.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Cissy Strut - (3:04) - 28,560 plays
- Just Kissed My Baby - (4:43) - 7,059 plays
- Hand Clapping Song - (2:53) - 5,485 plays
- Look-Ka Py Py - (3:16) - 5,590 plays
- Here Comes the Meter Man - (2:53) - 5,382 plays
- Sophisticated Cissy - (2:54) - 4,877 plays
- Live Wire - (2:40) - 4,445 plays
- Funky Miracle - (2:25) - 4,093 plays
- Ease Back - (3:08) - 4,143 plays
- Pungee - (2:59) - 3,250 plays