The Merton Parkas
10 Shouts - 62,306 Scrobbles
The Merton Parkas began life as "The Sneakers" in south Merton, London around 1975, playing old Motown Records classics. The line-up comprised brothers Mick (keyboards) and Danny Talbot (vocals), Neil Hurrell (bass) and Simon Smith (drums), and they chose their new name from Merton (the area of south London from which they came) and Parka (the ubiquitous item of mod attire). The Merton Parkas were great live favourites at the Bridgehouse in Canning Town, London...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Put Me in the Picture - (2:51) - 192 plays
- You Need Wheels - (2:44) - 161 plays
- Plastic Smile - (2:27) - 159 plays
- Tears of a Clown - (2:53) - 154 plays
- Face in the Crowd - (1:55) - 148 plays
- When Will It Be - (2:52) - 113 plays
- Silent People - (3:28) - 113 plays
- Hard Times - (2:23) - 110 plays
- Empty Room - (2:59) - 103 plays
- Give It to Me Now - (2:29) - 78 plays