The Merton Parkas
10 Shouts - 60,834 Scrobbles
The Merton Parkas began life as "The Sneakers" in south Merton, London around 1975, playing old Motown Records classics. The line-up comprised brothers Mick (keyboards) and Danny Talbot (vocals), Neil Hurrell (bass) and Simon Smith (drums), and they chose their new name from Merton (the area of south London from which they came) and Parka (the ubiquitous item of mod attire). The Merton Parkas were great live favourites at the Bridgehouse in Canning Town, London...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Put Me in the Picture - (2:51) - 200 plays
- You Need Wheels - (2:44) - 189 plays
- Face in the Crowd - (1:55) - 149 plays
- Tears of a Clown - (2:53) - 135 plays
- Plastic Smile - (2:27) - 144 plays
- When Will It Be - (2:52) - 84 plays
- Silent People - (3:28) - 73 plays
- Hard Times - (2:23) - 87 plays
- Empty Room - (2:59) - 93 plays
- Give It to Me Now - (2:29) - 64 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online