The Merton Parkas
10 Shouts - 61,941 Scrobbles
The Merton Parkas began life as "The Sneakers" in south Merton, London around 1975, playing old Motown Records classics. The line-up comprised brothers Mick (keyboards) and Danny Talbot (vocals), Neil Hurrell (bass) and Simon Smith (drums), and they chose their new name from Merton (the area of south London from which they came) and Parka (the ubiquitous item of mod attire). The Merton Parkas were great live favourites at the Bridgehouse in Canning Town, London...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Put Me in the Picture - (2:51) - 203 plays
- You Need Wheels - (2:44) - 184 plays
- Face in the Crowd - (1:55) - 165 plays
- Tears of a Clown - (2:53) - 154 plays
- Plastic Smile - (2:27) - 160 plays
- Silent People - (3:28) - 99 plays
- When Will It Be - (2:52) - 102 plays
- Hard Times - (2:23) - 104 plays
- Empty Room - (2:59) - 108 plays
- Give It to Me Now - (2:29) - 77 plays