677 Shouts - 4,212,526 Scrobbles
Straight out of Oakland, the Matches set the California music scene on fire thanks to twelve explosive, hook-injected songs recorded on the cheap in their basements and living rooms. Coupled with an unstoppable work ethic that included the band's very own "Commotion Promotion" tactics, buzz on the quartet's self-released debut E. Von Dahl Killed the Locals and the live shows that supported it spread like a virus to music enthusiasts up and down the Golden State and, as they toured small venues relentlessly, across the country.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Chain Me Free - (3:14) - 2,358 plays
- LyricsEvery dawn gets its day like
Every frown gets her way like
Every step to the daylight keeps you stumbling on
Every backward blackbird
Standing out through the rafters
- LyricsEvery Friday at three,
Shadows escape from the factory.
If you can go to the show,
Hurry up and get back to me.
Tonight we meet underground
- LyricsDo you belong to a song?
Does it drag you along by the tongue at the top of your lungs?
Are you drunk?
Have you been drinking?
Do you below the overpass go with a fifth in your fist
- LyricsMark said he could hold his own head up
and share his mind
with the peeling paint on the bedroom wall.
One step ahead of the pack of Marlboro.
Still, I don't believe he would take that fall.
- Papercut Skin - (3:25) - 1,707 plays
- Dog-Eared Page - (3:42) - 1,692 plays
- What Katie Said - (2:52) - 1,733 plays
- Little Maggots - (2:43) - 1,337 plays
- Eryn Smith - (3:12) - 1,316 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online