45 Shouts - 319,054 Scrobbles
San Francisco/Oakland’s The Mantles have been charting a unique path through the Bay Area’s storied garage/pop scene since 2007. The early shows were loose & loud Velvets/Nuggets-bashing, always with weirdly catchy songs & oddball chord changes. Their first singles saw them honing their sound, building towards their excellent 2009 self-titled debut album (on Siltbreeze) and follow-up EP on Mexican Summer. Loosely aligning with artists like White Fence and Ty Segall, The Mantles thoroughly modernize and personalize the folk-rock tradition.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Don't Lie - (3:48) - 2,397 plays
- Disappearing Act - (2:22) - 823 plays
- Hello - (3:25) - 628 plays
- Marbled Birds - (3:12) - 635 plays
- Raspberry Thighs - (2:53) - 595 plays
- Burden - (3:14) - 609 plays
- Look Away - (4:13) - 541 plays
- Bad Design - (2:46) - 534 plays
- What We Do Matters - (2:47) - 477 plays
- Memory - 475 plays