44 Shouts - 291,965 Scrobbles
San Francisco/Oakland’s The Mantles have been charting a unique path through the Bay Area’s storied garage/pop scene since 2007. The early shows were loose & loud Velvets/Nuggets-bashing, always with weirdly catchy songs & oddball chord changes. Their first singles saw them honing their sound, building towards their excellent 2009 self-titled debut album (on Siltbreeze) and follow-up EP on Mexican Summer. Loosely aligning with artists like White Fence and Ty Segall, The Mantles thoroughly modernize and personalize the folk-rock tradition.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Don't Lie - (3:48) - 2,614 plays
- Marbled Birds - (1:30) - 1,950 plays
- Hello - (1:30) - 1,421 plays
- Long Enough to Leave - (1:30) - 1,190 plays
- Brown Balloon - (1:30) - 1,248 plays
- Disappearing Act - (2:22) - 1,214 plays
- Reason's Run - (2:21) - 1,092 plays
- Bad Design - (2:40) - 982 plays
- What We Do Matters - (2:47) - 853 plays
- Raspberry Thighs - (2:49) - 990 plays