40 Shouts - 223,983 Scrobbles
San Francisco/Oakland’s The Mantles have been charting a unique path through the Bay Area’s storied garage/pop scene since 2007. The early shows were loose & loud Velvets/Nuggets-bashing, always with weirdly catchy songs & oddball chord changes. Their first singles saw them honing their sound, building towards their excellent 2009 self-titled debut album (on Siltbreeze) and follow-up EP on Mexican Summer. Loosely aligning with artists like White Fence and Ty Segall, The Mantles thoroughly modernize and personalize the folk-rock tradition.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Don't Lie - (3:48) - 4,139 plays
- Disappearing Act - (2:22) - 1,556 plays
- What We Do Matters - (2:47) - 1,439 plays
- Burden - (3:14) - 1,091 plays
- Look Away - (4:13) - 1,062 plays
- James - (2:04) - 1,036 plays
- Samantha - (2:23) - 981 plays
- Bury Me Dead - (3:34) - 888 plays
- Yesterday's Gone - (2:51) - 897 plays
- Thin Reminder - (4:20) - 749 plays