The Main Ingredient
10 Shouts - 315,284 Scrobbles
The Main Ingredient is 1) an American soul and R&B group best know for their 1972 hit song, "Everybody Plays the Fool" and 2) a sample-based hip hop producer born in South Jersey. Early History The group was formed in Harlem, NY in 1964 as a trio called the Poets, composed of lead singer Donald McPherson, Luther Simmons, Jr., and Panama-born Tony Silvester. They made their first recordings for Leiber & Stoller's Red Bird label, but soon changed their name to the Insiders and signed with RCA.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Everybody Plays the Fool - (3:22) - 6,291 plays
- Just Don't Want To Be Lonely - (3:31) - 945 plays
- Work to Do - (3:14) - 640 plays
- Happiness Is Just Around The Bend - (6:18) - 565 plays
- Let Me Prove My Love To You - (3:39) - 419 plays
- Euphrates - (4:45) - 312 plays
- Spinning Around (I Must Be Falling In Love) - (3:12) - 239 plays
- I'm So Proud - (3:33) - 155 plays
- Evening of Love - (6:43) - 224 plays
- Just Don't Want to Be Lonely - Remastered - (3:35) - 135 plays