The Lounge Lizards
79 Shouts - 725,226 Scrobbles
The Lounge Lizards are a jazz group formed in 1978 by saxophone player John Lurie; they should not be confused with country satire group the Austin Lounge Lizards. Initially a tongue in cheek "fake jazz" combo, drawing on punk rock and no wave as much as jazz, The Lounge Lizards have since become respected for their creative and distinctive sound. Former members include Evan Lurie, Marc Ribot, Steven Bernstein, Tony Scherr, Oren Bloedow, Arto Lindsay, John Medeski, Erik Sanko, Anton Fier and Jane Scarpantoni.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Harlem Nocturne - (2:06) - 2,237 plays
- Do the Wrong Thing - (2:41) - 2,008 plays
- Incident on South Street - (3:25) - 1,581 plays
- Voice of Chunk - (5:24) - 1,678 plays
- Au Contraire Arto - (3:26) - 1,159 plays
- Ballad - (3:25) - 1,153 plays
- Well You Needn't - (1:58) - 1,110 plays
- Bob the Bob - (2:07) - 1,326 plays
- Wangling - (3:01) - 933 plays
- Demented - (2:05) - 852 plays