The Lounge Lizards
80 Shouts - 754,782 Scrobbles
The Lounge Lizards are a jazz group formed in 1978 by saxophone player John Lurie; they should not be confused with country satire group the Austin Lounge Lizards. Initially a tongue in cheek "fake jazz" combo, drawing on punk rock and no wave as much as jazz, The Lounge Lizards have since become respected for their creative and distinctive sound. Former members include Evan Lurie, Marc Ribot, Steven Bernstein, Tony Scherr, Oren Bloedow, Arto Lindsay, John Medeski, Erik Sanko, Anton Fier and Jane Scarpantoni.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Harlem Nocturne - (2:06) - 1,885 plays
- Do the Wrong Thing - (2:41) - 1,783 plays
- Incident on South Street - (3:25) - 1,373 plays
- Voice of Chunk - (5:24) - 1,258 plays
- Au Contraire Arto - (3:26) - 987 plays
- Well You Needn't - (1:58) - 966 plays
- Ballad - (3:25) - 940 plays
- Bob the Bob - (2:07) - 1,164 plays
- Wangling - (3:01) - 811 plays
- Demented - (2:05) - 791 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online