The Lounge Lizards
74 Shouts - 628,156 Scrobbles
The Lounge Lizards are a jazz group formed in 1978 by saxophone player John Lurie; they should not be confused with country satire group the Austin Lounge Lizards. Initially a tongue in cheek "fake jazz" combo, drawing on punk rock and no wave as much as jazz, The Lounge Lizards have since become respected for their creative and distinctive sound. Former members include Evan Lurie, Marc Ribot, Steven Bernstein, Tony Scherr, Oren Bloedow, Arto Lindsay, John Medeski, Erik Sanko, Anton Fier and Jane Scarpantoni.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Harlem Nocturne - (2:06) - 2,107 plays
- Do the Wrong Thing - (2:41) - 2,088 plays
- Incident on South Street - (3:25) - 1,591 plays
- Bob the Bob - (2:07) - 1,627 plays
- Au Contraire Arto - (3:26) - 1,233 plays
- Well You Needn't - (1:58) - 1,209 plays
- Ballad - (3:25) - 1,187 plays
- Wangling - (3:01) - 1,072 plays
- Voice of Chunk - (5:24) - 1,320 plays
- Demented - (2:05) - 1,005 plays