The Lounge Lizards
80 Shouts - 746,576 Scrobbles
The Lounge Lizards are a jazz group formed in 1978 by saxophone player John Lurie; they should not be confused with country satire group the Austin Lounge Lizards. Initially a tongue in cheek "fake jazz" combo, drawing on punk rock and no wave as much as jazz, The Lounge Lizards have since become respected for their creative and distinctive sound. Former members include Evan Lurie, Marc Ribot, Steven Bernstein, Tony Scherr, Oren Bloedow, Arto Lindsay, John Medeski, Erik Sanko, Anton Fier and Jane Scarpantoni.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Harlem Nocturne - (2:06) - 1,869 plays
- Do the Wrong Thing - (2:41) - 1,729 plays
- Incident on South Street - (3:25) - 1,349 plays
- Voice of Chunk - (5:24) - 1,265 plays
- Au Contraire Arto - (3:26) - 974 plays
- Well You Needn't - (1:58) - 950 plays
- Ballad - (3:25) - 946 plays
- Bob the Bob - (2:07) - 1,068 plays
- Wangling - (3:01) - 787 plays
- Demented - (2:05) - 761 plays