The Lounge Lizards
78 Shouts - 667,678 Scrobbles
The Lounge Lizards are a jazz group formed in 1978 by saxophone player John Lurie; they should not be confused with country satire group the Austin Lounge Lizards. Initially a tongue in cheek "fake jazz" combo, drawing on punk rock and no wave as much as jazz, The Lounge Lizards have since become respected for their creative and distinctive sound. Former members include Evan Lurie, Marc Ribot, Steven Bernstein, Tony Scherr, Oren Bloedow, Arto Lindsay, John Medeski, Erik Sanko, Anton Fier and Jane Scarpantoni.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Harlem Nocturne - (2:06) - 2,068 plays
- Do the Wrong Thing - (2:41) - 1,945 plays
- Incident on South Street - (3:25) - 1,612 plays
- Well You Needn't - (1:58) - 1,209 plays
- Au Contraire Arto - (3:26) - 1,181 plays
- Ballad - (3:25) - 1,173 plays
- Bob the Bob - (2:07) - 1,398 plays
- Wangling - (3:01) - 970 plays
- Conquest of Rar - (3:16) - 952 plays
- Demented - (2:05) - 942 plays