The Lighthouse and the Whaler
55 Shouts - 789,466 Scrobbles
The Lighthouse and the Whaler is a band from Cleveland, Ohio, though its name alludes to the waters off the coast of Massachusetts. Inspired by a theme from Moby Dick, the band’s name alone is enough to make underpaid Literature teachers beam with pride. It all started with two musicians -- Aaron Smith and Michael LoPresti -- who decided to collaborate in a field one sunny afternoon because that seemed nicer than playing in a basement. By the end of the day they had written their first song. They gave it a profound name: "The Field Song.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Venice - (3:20) - 23,074 plays
- Under Mountain, Under Ground - (4:19) - 9,844 plays
- Pioneers - (3:18) - 11,752 plays
- Little Vessels - (3:27) - 5,267 plays
- This Is an Adventure - (3:01) - 3,379 plays
- Iron Doors - (4:44) - 3,097 plays
- Chromatic - (3:40) - 2,804 plays
- The Adriatic - (3:53) - 2,472 plays
- White Days - (3:30) - 2,568 plays
- Venice (radio single) - (3:21) - 1,910 plays