The Lighthouse and the Whaler
53 Shouts - 583,490 Scrobbles
The Lighthouse and the Whaler is a band from Cleveland, Ohio, though its name alludes to the waters off the coast of Massachusetts. Inspired by a theme from Moby Dick, the band’s name alone is enough to make underpaid Literature teachers beam with pride. It all started with two musicians -- Aaron Smith and Michael LoPresti -- who decided to collaborate in a field one sunny afternoon because that seemed nicer than playing in a basement. By the end of the day they had written their first song. They gave it a profound name: "The Field Song.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Venice - (3:20) - 34,626 plays
- Pioneers - (3:18) - 23,763 plays
- Little Vessels - (3:27) - 7,831 plays
- Iron Doors - (4:44) - 7,040 plays
- This Is an Adventure - (3:01) - 6,956 plays
- Under Mountain, Under Ground - (4:19) - 6,026 plays
- White Days - (3:30) - 5,980 plays
- Chromatic - (3:40) - 6,502 plays
- The Adriatic - (3:53) - 5,850 plays
- Burst Apart - (3:52) - 5,435 plays