The Lighthouse and the Whaler
55 Shouts - 657,319 Scrobbles
The Lighthouse and the Whaler is a band from Cleveland, Ohio, though its name alludes to the waters off the coast of Massachusetts. Inspired by a theme from Moby Dick, the band’s name alone is enough to make underpaid Literature teachers beam with pride. It all started with two musicians -- Aaron Smith and Michael LoPresti -- who decided to collaborate in a field one sunny afternoon because that seemed nicer than playing in a basement. By the end of the day they had written their first song. They gave it a profound name: "The Field Song.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Venice - (3:20) - 32,748 plays
- Pioneers - (3:18) - 21,319 plays
- Little Vessels - (3:27) - 7,104 plays
- Venice (Radio Single) - (3:21) - 3,676 plays
- Honey, We All Had Wings - (4:12) - 3,947 plays
- Under Mountain, Under Ground - (4:19) - 5,259 plays
- Iron Doors - (4:44) - 5,646 plays
- This Is an Adventure - (3:01) - 5,488 plays
- Chromatic - (3:40) - 5,248 plays
- The Adriatic - (3:53) - 4,679 plays