The Legendary Pink Dots
390 Shouts - 2,946,101 Scrobbles
The Legendary Pink Dots are a Netherlands-based band formed in August 1980 in the UK who, although distinctly underground, have been musically influential over the years. The band name was derived from pink dots of nail varnish on the piano in their squat, where founding members Edward and April lived. The band has as its focal point vocalist Edward Ka-Spel, who is, along with Phil "The Silverman" Knight, one of the original remaining members of the band. In the mid eighties the band resettled in the Netherlands, where they still reside today.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI watched you in your tragic beauty walk beneath my window.
Eyes aimed high, but unfocused . . . . sure, you never noticed me.
You always wore the same dress; always bore the same
expression: "It's a loveless world so what's the point of looking?
Let it be . . ." I considered throwing roses--thought I'd maybe
- LyricsWeeping like the ghost of winter, we watch our tears
kiss ash and turn to steam. We walk on hot coals
where a stream meandered. Tarred and tanned. We
flex and count the tumours on our hands--spreading
swiftly now. For this, we waited just a lifetime.
- LyricsChasing the carrion, we watched the silver bird explode. We tiptoed
through the barrier of smoke and took a hand, but found it unconnected. We
were dining on the wreckage - white napkins round our necks, we took our
plastic spoons and ate. We ate until we couldn't move, 'til sunset turned
the desert red and startled souls ascended to Oblivion.
- LyricsWhen Madeleine appeared it always rained,
the people locked their houses,
drew the curtains,
prayed and painted crosses on their doors.
They wondered who would be the next for last respects...
- LyricsWe ride on the avalanche we climb the melting red lungs of the ladder that
leads high to a darkening moon. We're the watchers of disaster, we're the
dancers on your tomb. We're the invisible invaders of your privacy... your
dreams. We're the spectres on your screen. We murmur sweet transparent
lunacy on hot oppressive nights - you shine a light and you will see just
- Princess Coldheart - (6:36) - 1,211 plays
- Green Gang - (7:33) - 874 plays
- Third Secret - (4:28) - 873 plays
- Hellsville - (5:32) - 792 plays
- The Grain Kings - (8:17) - 818 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online