The Legendary Pink Dots
374 Shouts - 2,664,052 Scrobbles
The Legendary Pink Dots are a Netherlands-based band formed in August 1980 in the UK who, although distinctly underground, have been musically influential over the years. The band name was derived from pink dots of nail varnish on the piano in their squat, where founding members Edward and April lived. The band has as its focal point vocalist Edward Ka-Spel, who is, along with Phil "The Silverman" Knight, one of the original remaining members of the band. In the mid eighties the band resettled in the Netherlands, where they still reside today.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- A Star Is Born - (5:39) - 1,955 plays
- The Garden of Ealing - (8:05) - 1,479 plays
- LyricsI watched you in your tragic beauty walk beneath my window.
Eyes aimed high, but unfocused . . . . sure, you never noticed me.
You always wore the same dress; always bore the same
expression: "It's a loveless world so what's the point of looking?
Let it be . . ." I considered throwing roses--thought I'd maybe
- Esher Everywhere - (7:36) - 1,308 plays
- LyricsChasing the carrion, we watched the silver bird explode. We tiptoed
through the barrier of smoke and took a hand, but found it unconnected. We
were dining on the wreckage - white napkins round our necks, we took our
plastic spoons and ate. We ate until we couldn't move, 'til sunset turned
the desert red and startled souls ascended to Oblivion.
- Disturbance - (5:28) - 1,025 plays
- Grey Scale - (6:08) - 1,154 plays
- Pendulum - (11:10) - 1,136 plays
- A Stretch in Time - (7:55) - 1,157 plays
- Third Secret - (4:28) - 877 plays