The Legendary Pink Dots
383 Shouts - 2,809,530 Scrobbles
The Legendary Pink Dots are a Netherlands-based band formed in August 1980 in the UK who, although distinctly underground, have been musically influential over the years. The band name was derived from pink dots of nail varnish on the piano in their squat, where founding members Edward and April lived. The band has as its focal point vocalist Edward Ka-Spel, who is, along with Phil "The Silverman" Knight, one of the original remaining members of the band. In the mid eighties the band resettled in the Netherlands, where they still reside today.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Love You in Your Tragic Beauty - (4:30) - 2,194 plays
- LyricsWe ride on the avalanche we climb the melting red lungs of the ladder that
leads high to a darkening moon. We're the watchers of disaster, we're the
dancers on your tomb. We're the invisible invaders of your privacy... your
dreams. We're the spectres on your screen. We murmur sweet transparent
lunacy on hot oppressive nights - you shine a light and you will see just
- Pennies for Heaven - (4:19) - 1,112 plays
- Just A Lifetime - (7:45) - 1,138 plays
- LyricsWhen Madeleine appeared it always rained,
the people locked their houses,
drew the curtains,
prayed and painted crosses on their doors.
They wondered who would be the next for last respects...
- Third Secret - (4:28) - 851 plays
- Princess Coldheart - (6:36) - 957 plays
- Green Gang - (7:33) - 736 plays
- Cheraderama - (5:00) - 893 plays
- The Grain Kings - (8:17) - 755 plays