The Legendary Pink Dots
358 Shouts - 2,517,367 Scrobbles
The Legendary Pink Dots are a Netherlands-based band formed in August 1980 in the UK who, although distinctly underground, have been musically influential over the years. The band name was derived from pink dots of nail varnish on the piano in their squat, where founding members Edward and April lived. The band has as its focal point vocalist Edward Ka-Spel, who is, along with Phil "The Silverman" Knight, one of the original remaining members of the band. In the mid eighties the band resettled in the Netherlands, where they still reside today.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI watched you in your tragic beauty walk beneath my window.
Eyes aimed high, but unfocused . . . . sure, you never noticed me.
You always wore the same dress; always bore the same
expression: "It's a loveless world so what's the point of looking?
Let it be . . ." I considered throwing roses--thought I'd maybe
- LyricsWe ride on the avalanche we climb the melting red lungs of the ladder that
leads high to a darkening moon. We're the watchers of disaster, we're the
dancers on your tomb. We're the invisible invaders of your privacy... your
dreams. We're the spectres on your screen. We murmur sweet transparent
lunacy on hot oppressive nights - you shine a light and you will see just
- LyricsChasing the carrion, we watched the silver bird explode. We tiptoed
through the barrier of smoke and took a hand, but found it unconnected. We
were dining on the wreckage - white napkins round our necks, we took our
plastic spoons and ate. We ate until we couldn't move, 'til sunset turned
the desert red and startled souls ascended to Oblivion.
- LyricsNew martyrs swinging in the wind. The dead eyes searching for messiahs in
the stars. The bodies carrying the scars of no confession, no concession.
No sympathy. The laughter from the front row buzzing loudly now in bars,
over chicken in a basket, in the darkest corners of the Central Station.
Passing round the spirit that drove Rommel to his desert hole, smashed
- LyricsWe will sow the seeds together. We shall feed the fertile ground. We will
wait then we shall gather fruits to feed our hungry mouths. We'll feast,
we'll toast the one who sends the storm, who shapes the corn. We line the
circles. In the Fall, we fall...... Come the dawn he'll strech his hands
and take the last born to the land beyond our tidy tidy lawns, and no, no
- A Space Between - (6:33) - 986 plays
- Cheraderama - (5:00) - 1,147 plays
- The Ocean Cried 'Blue Murder' - (4:03) - 924 plays
- Just A Lifetime - (7:45) - 1,109 plays
- Lilith - (4:11) - 979 plays