0 Shouts - 50,105 Scrobbles
The Layaways are an indie rock band from Chicago. They've released four full-length albums and an online-only Christmas EP: More Than Happy, 2003, We've Been Lost, 2004, The Christmas EP, 2006, The Space Between, 2008, and Maybe Next Year, 2009.Read More...
Reviewers and listeners have described the Layaways' sound as indie dream pop with heavy folk and shoegaze influences. Frequent musical comparisons include Earlimart, the Pernice Brothers, Yo La Tengo, the Rain Parade, and the Jesus and Mary Chain.
The band's 2003 debut was essentially a solo recording by guitarist/vocalist David Harrell. The studio project turned into a live band in 2004 with the addition of Mike Porter on vocals and bass, and Nathan Burleson on drums and backing vocals. Porter and Harrell now trade off on lead vocals and songwriting duties, with additional contributions from Burleson.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- O Christmas Tree - 8,390 plays
- Joy to the World - 7,263 plays
- Silent Night - 4,283 plays
- We Wish You A Merry Christmas - 2,493 plays
- Away In A Manger - 2,449 plays
- Silence - 3,571 plays
- Greeting Card - 987 plays
- Angels We Have Heard On High - 1,542 plays
- The Long Night - 2,521 plays
- Auld Lang Syne - 807 plays