The Lawrence Arms
654 Shouts - 6,370,244 Scrobbles
The Lawrence Arms are a punk rock trio from Chicago, formed in 1999. The lineup consists of Brendan Kelly (vocals & bass), Chris McCaughan (vocals & guitar), and Neil Hennessy (drums). They have released five full-length albums and are currently signed to Fat Wreck Chords. Their music and lyrics exhibit their propensity for juxtaposing references from history and literature with American pop culture. The band takes its name from a building the members resided in (and were later evicted from) called the Lawrence Arms, which was located in the Uptown neighborhood of Chicago.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsShall we dance?
Or maybe just limp around?
These feet are cold and beat, and strangers
to the ground.
the sound of the kick is arousing.
- Lyricsso you're sinking kinda fast,
that a great big light was your past.
this is more than waking up when you're still at the bar
hanging around with the queens after dark
we've come a long way to end up lost,
- LyricsWhere hav I been all your life?
Sitting on fences, a novocaine for all the senses.
Another year will pass us by.
Making sense of nothing, in defense of something.
I laughed too late and dug myself into a grave.
- Lyricsleveling, graveling, gravelly groans exude my exhaustion, canonize all my tomes. this home is afloat on a yellow black moat of bile, hate and quile and vile pains in my throat. let's drown in the basement, it's filled to the brim. let's jack up the prices while the pickings are slim. you all washed through me like debris in a stream, you cut me to ribbons and left me to bleed. melting alone, showing off white bone, you can ring that bell or you can huck in that stone. on the phone is the voice i've been dying to hear. there's nothing for you, better luck next year. when everything was suddenly, utterly clear. to shut off these shut outs, i'll cut off this ear. can you hear this night? it's starry, starry. can you see me mouth out sorry charlie? there's no good taste in this art space. straight porno and snuff films, i should be disgraced, but i'm titillated. it's tantalizing, and as i move to the movement, i'm self-aggrandizing. i'm filling with air, i'll float it up there. a chairman sitting easy on a big easy chair. so do you like my party tricks? i trick out clicking sticks to get my kicks.
- LyricsIs there any hope for us, or are the rumors true?
Are we just the mulch and kindling that accrues?
Can we recover from this?
I've seen expressions in department stores.
I've smelled regression wafting up from these shores.
- On With the Show - (1:28) - 5,339 plays
- Lose Your Illusion 1 - (2:59) - 4,563 plays
- The First Eviction Notice - (2:39) - 4,698 plays
- Like a Record Player - (2:00) - 4,313 plays
- Quincentuple Your Money - (3:00) - 4,978 plays