The Lawrence Arms
661 Shouts - 6,614,690 Scrobbles
The Lawrence Arms are a punk rock trio from Chicago, formed in 1999. The lineup consists of Brendan Kelly (vocals & bass), Chris McCaughan (vocals & guitar), and Neil Hennessy (drums). They have released five full-length albums and are currently signed to Fat Wreck Chords. Their music and lyrics exhibit their propensity for juxtaposing references from history and literature with American pop culture. The band takes its name from a building the members resided in (and were later evicted from) called the Lawrence Arms, which was located in the Uptown neighborhood of Chicago.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Devil's Takin' Names - (1:59) - 7,678 plays
- Lyricsso you're sinking kinda fast,
that a great big light was your past.
this is more than waking up when you're still at the bar
hanging around with the queens after dark
we've come a long way to end up lost,
- 100 Resolutions - (3:31) - 5,786 plays
- LyricsIs there any hope for us, or are the rumors true?
Are we just the mulch and kindling that accrues?
Can we recover from this?
I've seen expressions in department stores.
I've smelled regression wafting up from these shores.
- Porno and Snuff Films - (2:35) - 5,295 plays
- On With the Show - (1:28) - 4,767 plays
- The First Eviction Notice - (2:39) - 4,735 plays
- Lose Your Illusion 1 - (2:59) - 4,626 plays
- Quincentuple Your Money - (3:00) - 4,336 plays
- Like a Record Player - (2:00) - 3,888 plays