The Last Poets
114 Shouts - 292,586 Scrobbles
The Last Poets are a spoken word/poetry group which formed in 1968 in Harlem, New York City, New York, United States. The Last Poets is a group of poets and musicians who arose from the late 1960s African American civil rights movement's black nationalist thread. Their name is taken from a poem by the South African revolutionary poet Keorapetse Kgositsile, who believed he was in the last era of poetry before guns would take over.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- On the Subway - (1:33) - 1,076 plays
- When the Revolution Comes - (2:30) - 1,074 plays
- It's a Trip - (4:45) - 858 plays
- Niggers Are Scared of Revolution - (5:16) - 454 plays
- Run, Nigger - (1:12) - 380 plays
- Wake up, Niggers - (2:47) - 349 plays
- Black Thighs - (1:30) - 298 plays
- New York, New York - (3:35) - 287 plays
- Related To What - (3:10) - 319 plays
- True Blues - (2:02) - 284 plays