The Last Poets
112 Shouts - 267,222 Scrobbles
The Last Poets are a spoken word/poetry group which formed in 1968 in Harlem, New York City, New York, United States. The Last Poets is a group of poets and musicians who arose from the late 1960s African American civil rights movement's black nationalist thread. Their name is taken from a poem by the South African revolutionary poet Keorapetse Kgositsile, who believed he was in the last era of poetry before guns would take over.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- On the Subway - (1:30) - 1,025 plays
- When the Revolution Comes - (2:26) - 945 plays
- Related To What - (3:10) - 463 plays
- Niggers Are Scared of Revolution - (5:14) - 486 plays
- Wake Up, Niggers - (2:47) - 402 plays
- Jazzoetry - (3:48) - 376 plays
- New York, New York - (3:32) - 361 plays
- It's a Trip - (4:45) - 361 plays
- Run, Nigger - (1:13) - 344 plays
- Black Thighs - (1:29) - 285 plays