32 Shouts - 189,149 Scrobbles
England in the summer of 1979 meant MOD, and it was then that the Lambrettas were formed near the south coast city of Brighton. The original members were: Jez Bird (vocals/guitar), Doug Sanders (guitar/vocals), Mark Ellis (bass), and Paul Wincer (drums). The band first performed on June 9, 1979, playing at an all-day Mod concert held in the ballroom at the end of Hastings pier. The band played various venues around England, then in August were spotted by Elton John’s Rocket Records label.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Poison Ivy - (2:43) - 504 plays
- Da-a-ance - (2:19) - 272 plays
- London Calling - (2:19) - 212 plays
- Runaround - (2:22) - 171 plays
- Living for Today - (2:42) - 180 plays
- Starsky and Hutch - (2:03) - 95 plays
- Beat Boys in the Jet Age - (2:58) - 151 plays
- Locomotion - (2:45) - 140 plays
- Go Steady - (2:56) - 123 plays
- Watch Out I'm Back - (2:41) - 115 plays